Start: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:00 PM
End: Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:00 PM
Duration: 1 hour
Their timezone: US/Eastern
Their start time: Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:00 PM
Their end time: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:00 PM
Title of event/project:
Global Foundations for Teaching and Learning
URL to where participants will join or register for your project/event:
LCPS educators, and guests from around the world, will participate in a Twitter chat that will follow the screening of a short video about global collaboration in schools.
Specific project/event directions for participation.
Please consider these questions as you watch the following video (https://vimeo.com/118944173)
1. How can school systems that are bound by state curriculum standards develop a truly global foundation for their curriculum?
2. What can be done to create state and federal education standards for global content and competencies? 3. How can we help educators see that all subject areas operate with a global approach?
4. What steps can principals take to support teachers who are working to teach with a global approach
5. What types of professional development do teachers feel they need in order to teach with a global approach?
Twitter Chat: When: Thursday April 28, 2016 at 8pm
How: Login to Twitter and simply search the hashtag #LCPSedchat
What: Global Foundations for Teaching and Learning Hashtag: #lcpsedchat
Who: Anyone interested to learn about this topic. This month’s Twitter chat will be moderated by @brazier1066 (William Brazier, Supervisor of Social Science and Global Studies in Loudoun County Public Schools). Follow the moderator, for further collaboration and communication on Global Foundations. Questions and Suggestions:
1. Introduce yourself and jump into the chat. Ask questions, answer questions. This chat is for you!
Tip: Address someone directly by using their username if you are answering/asking them a question.
2. Questions will start with a Q#. When you answer please respond with A#.
3. Every tweet must include the #lcpsedchat to be seen by the group.
4. This month’s chat is moderated by @brazier1066. If you have any questions please tweet the moderator. 5. Remember: Chats can move fast. It’s ok! Take a deep breath and get ready!
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name:
Host school or organization:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Host School or Organization URL:
Host Location and Time Zone (UTC):
This organization is:
not for profit
Primary language(s) to be spoken at this event:
This event is intended for the following audience(s):
student leaders, teacher leaders, administrators, teacher educators, academics, policymakers, non-profit leaders, corporate leaders
This event can be categorized as a:
Optional field for additional pertinent information:
Please visit this link for more information: http://lcps.org/Page/170900
About This Directory
These events are hosted by our partners and also listed in our calendar on our Join an Event page. Our Global Leadership Summit and Global Leadership Day conference are not included in these postings.
We have tagged each of these events with keywords (see the categories below) so that you can sort the various opportunities. Also, use the search box above.
Contact the individual hosts if you have any questions. Their information is provided in each listing.